Sunday, March 28, 2010

UK Pirate Radio Documentary

So, the UK is seriously still shutting down underground radio? I thought that shit went out the window in the 70s.

Personally, I wish we had something like that here in Vancouver - internet radio is great if you're at a desk or something, but I get sick of the local offerings when I'm in traffic and there's a dial full of nothing worth listening to. Granted that I don't give a crap about the hip hop stuff featured so prominently in the documentary, but the principle is the same.

And yeah, MySpace means people can hear your stuff, but that only matters if they hear that they can hear your stuff. There are millions of profiles on MySpace, it means jack shit. Whereas a DJ can make a huge difference in pushing bands because they filter through it all and find the good stuff to share.



Gizmodo page with the whole documentary.

"Deserves a license, don't you think?" Yes. Yes it does.

No comments: