Sunday, July 4, 2010

Playlist for July 3, 2010

So, this being the Canada Day long weekend, I figured I'd do an all-Canadian show. Then in sorting through my music collection, I realized I could actually focus in even further and do an almost-all Vancouver-based special.

First up, though, last week I chatted with Sever of Victoria's Tribal Machine about his new disc, The Orwellian Night, so I wanted to kick off the show with that interview and a couple of tracks. You can grab the album from Sever here:

Tribal Machine online

Speaking of new releases, earlier today I saw a note on Facebook from the folks at Litany.net about a brand new ohGr single and I quickly grabbed it. Tonight I see ohGr's hit the mailing list and about 3 of my email accounts had the message to go grab "tragek" from the website. I recommend you go do the same:

ohGr store

The single is available as either an MP3 or a .wav. While you're there you can grab a spoken word piece, and if you haven't already gotten them, the single "Collidoskope" and the collection of remixes of "Collidoskope," all of which are free.

And in other news, I mentioned it at the end of this week's show and will mention it again closer to the time: on Friday July 30th from 12:00-1:00pm PST I will be a guest on Euanator Radio on our sister station CJSF [90.1FM in the Vancouver region or cjsf.ca to listen live], where I will be chatting with Euan about my own musical project, Maqlu. I'll be playing tracks from my debut EP, Blood, along with a few remixes I've done. I might even have one or two of the new tracks I'm working on for my next EP done by then.

Anyway, this is what I played tonight:


Tribal Machine
From The Orwellian Night [2010, Lamina Dereves Productions]:
The Infiltraitor
Two Brothers
The Factory


Delerium: "Dust Into Gravity [Niels van Gogh vs. Dave Ramone Remix" from Remixed: The Definitive Collection [2010, Nettwerk]
Front Line Assembly: "Endless Void" from Shifting Through the Lens [2010, Metropolis Records]
Noise Unit: "Collapse" from Grinding Into Emptiness [1989, Wax Trax!]
Unit:187: "Second Class Citizen [Decreemix]" from Capital Punishment [2003, COP International]
Decree: "A Secret Thread" from Moment of Silence


Stiff Valentine: "Industrial Metal Disco" from Industrial Metal Disco [2009, Traffik Records]
Left Spine Down: "Prozac Nation [Retro Radio Radutron Mix by the Rabid Whole]" from Smartbomb 2.3: The Underground Mixes [2007, 13th Planet]
Gore-Tek: "Under" from Sick Machine
Landscape Body Machine: "Iceland [Nanoose Bay]" from Manifest Destiny [2009, Interdimensional]


Phil Western: "Shimmer" from DAT Hell [2008, The Record Company]
Plateau: "Dutch Flowers [Ext. Remix]" from Dutch Flowers [1997, Subconscious Communications]
Download: "Carrier Tone" from Effector [2000, Nettwerk]
cEvin Key with Ken "Hiwatt" Marshall: "Skeletal Mask" from The Dragon Experience [2003, Metropolis Records]
Cyberaktif: "Nothing Stays [Ext. Remix]" from Nothing Stays 11990, Wax Trax!]


Podcast Part 1 of the Vampire's Ball for July 3, 2010.


Images In Vogue: "Breaking Up" from Images In Vogue [1983, WEA Music Canada]
ohGr: "SolOW" from Welt [2001, Spitfire]
Skinny Puppy: "Tormentor [Ext. Re-Edit]" from Tormentor [1990, Nettwerk] and "Testure [12" Mix]" from Testure [1989, Nettwerk]
Hilt: "Hilter" from Call the Ambulance Before I Hurt Myself [1989, Nettwerk]


Fake Shark Real Zombie: "Jewelry" from Meeting People Is Terrible [2010, self-released]
Hellenkeller: "Smackwave" from Demonstration [1999, 20rm Recordings]
Friday Mortimer & the Beautiful Monsters: "Echo Park [Nothing]" [2010]
Urceus Exit: "King" from Compensation for the Sound of Silence [2009]
phh!k: "Dexter Sinister" from phh!k [2000, Artifact Music]


Doubting Thomas: "Father Don't Cry" from The Infidel (Special Edition 20 Year Anniversary) [2007, Subconscious Communications]
Moev: "Photos" from Dusk and Desire [1985, Profile Records]
Copyright: "Theme," "I'm No Saint" and "Death of a Curbcrawler" from The Hidden World [2000, Vik Recordings]
Slow: "Have Not Been the Same" from Against the Glass [1986, Zulu Records]


16 MM: "Diseases For Kisses" from 16mm (demo/EP?) [2004, self-released]
Jakalope: "Creeper" from It Dreams [2004, The Orange Record Label]


Podcast Part 2 of the Vampire's Ball for July 3, 2010.


Post-show mix CD is
Mix CD 1.

No comments: